Welcome to chefs ideas page
I’m chef ssentongo Geoffrey
HOW A CHEF APPRENTICESHIP CAN BENEFIT TO YOUR CAREER?
Do you dream of working as a professional chef ?
To start your journey on this exciting career path, which may see you working in restaurants, cafes,food tracks and more . It’s best to complete an APPRENTICESHIP training.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED TO BE A CHEF?
While specific qualifications caren’t necessary to be a chef its smart to complete an APPRENTICESHIP and gain a vocational qualification as the culinary arts are a trades based profession. In just, what distinguishes a chef from a cook is the professional qualifications.
What to expect in your chef Apprenticeship?
As an apprenticeship chef,you will be placed in a training contract with an employer who will equip you with the skills needed for your trade.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF SOUS CHEF:
Essentially, you will need to assist the head chef in every way includes,
* planning and directing how the food is presented.
* keeping kitchen staff in order .
* Training new chefs,
* Creating the work schedule.
* managing food purchasing and storage.
* maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen.
* Assisting in coming up with new recipes and menus.
* managing the kitchen when the head chef is away.
* Disciplining kitchen staff.
THE VITAL SOUS CHEF IS SKILLS
Key skills you do need?
You’ll need a passion for food, a positive attitude and willingness to learn, as well as the driven and energy to keep going throughout the day. Among this you will need;
* Ability to remain calm under pressure.
* To work well within a team.
* Strong leadership skills and creativity
It’s a good idea to begin your career in any food service job role such as a kitchen porter.
What to read next?
> facts about culinary Apprenticeship!
Thanks for, following, like, sharing to your friends, but please 🙏 do let me know your comments about each post, on
chefs career ideas page on your Facebook.
You must be logged in to post a comment.