COMMIS 3 JOB DESCRIPTION
Author :chef ssentongo Geoffrey
Commis 3 job Description
Position Title : commis iii or Commis 3
Reports To: commis ii(2)/ Commis i(1)
Position summary :
The commis 3 chef will be assisting the commis 1 chef as well as other kitchen employees in food production. Assisting kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for function clients as well as delegates. You will be also responsible for assisting CDP and SOUS chef in cooking and then ensuring that all stations are clean.
Additionally, He/ She is responsible to prepare special meals or substitute items, regulate the temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters etc.
Commis 3 Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality service to the hotel guests.
* Works in the designated station as set by Executive chef and /or sous chef.
* Able to organise the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
* Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
* Responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
* Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items by the recipe and to specification.
* Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning , chopping, and storing food.
* Prepare all menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
* Cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
* prepares, season, and cook’s a wide variety of meats,vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
* Have general knowledge of cooking temperatures, making soups and sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and A la carte cooking.
* Set-up the station with park stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
* Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the sous chef to ensure optimum service.
* Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
* Control food stock and food cost in his section /kitchen.
* To be present in the assigned kitchen as and when required and also an internal tfansfer after 2-3 months in others as per management policy. Etc.
1- Great teamwork skills and attention to detail.
2- Able to take responsibility.
3- Positive outlook and outgoing personality.
4- A person who enjoys working in a lively, fast-paced environment, someone who lives his hobby and is passionate about cooking and food.
* Flexibility to work in any dining autlet is also necessary to assist as the business requires.
Previous Hospitality and catering industry experience working at a at a commis 3 chef level in a good-quality restaurant or 5 star hotel.
Since 2020 chefs career ideas is helping culinary students around the globe to set up their career goals. For you, you need to follow the page and you’ll receive a very post. http://www.chefsideacafe.food.blog