Author :chef ssentongo Geoffrey
Blog : service
WHAT IS SERVICE?
* S-mile for every one.
* E-xcallent in every thing we do.
* R-eaching out to every guest with hospitality.
* V-iewing every guest as special
* I-nviting every guests to return.
* C-reating a warm atmosphere.
* E-ye contact that shows we care.
TYPES OF TABLE SERVICE
1. English service
2. French service
3. Silver service
4. American / pre-plated service
5. Russian service
6. Guerdon servie
7. Snack bar service
* FRENCH SERVICE :
1. It is a very personalised service.
2. Food is brought from the kitchen to the dining room on a heavy silver plate and placed on a cart called guerion.
3. Food is cooked and completed at a side table in front of a guest.
4. A small stove called rechaud is used to keep the food warm.
5. Employs two servers working together etc.
* ENGLISH SERVICE ;
1. Often referred to as the “Host service”
2. Food is brought on platters by the waiter and is shown to the host for approval. The waiter then places the platters on the table.
3. All food fully cooked in the kitchen. All sauces and side dishes are on the table to be passed by the guests.
* SILVER SERVICE :
Silver service is a traditional style of service that is commonly reserved for high end establishment’s.
It is a style of service that is:
1. Very visual
2. Popular with customers
3. Adds a dimension of entertainment
4. Enhances the dining Experience
* RUSSIAN SERVICE
An elaborate silver service much on the lines of French service except that the food is portioned and carved by the waiter at the guerdon trolley in the restaurant in full view of the guests.
Display and presentation are a major part of this service.
* AMERICAN SERVICE
1. In American service. Food is dished up on plates in the kitchen
2. Only one wait person serves the meal. Food is served from the left of the guest, beverages are served from the right and soiled dishes are cleaned from the right.
WHAT IS UP-SELLING?
Up-selling is a sales technique permitting to increase revenues with the same number of covers, therefore increasing a restaurants guest check average.
# WHAT IS SUGGESTIVE SELLING?
Develop a positive attitude, do not try to manipulate the guest.
~ suggest favourite items or items that you are knowledgeable about.
~ Use props to support suggestive selling
~ Always make positive suggestions
~ Be attentive to guests ‘ needs
~ Dontmak excuses for why suggestive selling will not work.
WAITER(RESS) – WELCOME!
1. Hello my name is——and I will be your waiter server today.
2. Here’s your menu
3. May I recommend our ( special dish)
4. What would you like to eat?
5. Something to drink? Wine, sodas, beer, water?
6. OK, thanks. Your food will be here immediately.
If you’ve find this article useful then share to your friends or visit our website below or follow me on Facebook and comment.