Author : chef ssentongo Geoffrey
Blog > world of Food and Drink
You may have heard the term “FUSION” amid culinary circles or seen fusion cuisine ” in restaurant marketing.
But what is fusion food? Let’s look at fusion cuisines roots, the state of the movement now, and what we might anticipate for this trend in the coming years.
WHAT IS FUSION CUISINE?
Essentially, this catch-all term means bringing together ingredients from different cultures and merging recipes. This technique of joining culinary forces offers truly novel flavor combinations and unique menu offerings that customers can’t find elsewhere. Fusion food has a complex history whose origins can’t be easily pinpointed. It has been around for centuries.
French chefs in large cities started combining Asian foods in some of their dishes in 1970s.
Chines-American fare has been around for quite some time and is perhaps one of the longest-standing examples of fusion cuisine.
POPULAR TYPES OF FUSION
* Tex- mex: this type of cuisine is a blend of traditional Mexican foods like beans, meats, and cheeses.
* Cajun : hailing from the bayous of Louisiana, this French-inspired cuisine popular in the American South includes pork and crawfish.
* French-vietnamese: among other Asian fusion menu items, the ever-popular sandwich known as the banh mi includes Vietnamese pork sausage and veggies on a French baguette.
* Indo-chinese: taking aspects of Indian food like vegetables and spices, merging them with Chinese sauces and cooking them in a wok, makes this family of cuisine.
DO YOUR RESEARCH
Fusion cuisine calls for passionate experimentation, but also a thorough understanding of which flavors and mouth feels pair best together.
BE WILLING TO TRY NEW THINGS
This is often the most fun part for crafty culinarians! Trying out new combinations and seeing what works and what doesn’t-is at the heart of fusion cooking.
ACCEPT FAILURE AS PART OF THE PROCESS
Of course, trying necessitates occasionally failing. If you’re breaking into the world of fusion foods, you’re going to have quite a few flops along the way.
Latest Trends in Fusion cuisine
Ingredient and equipment distributor pregel provided a preminder of the’ con-fusion‘ Era of fusion food during this cuisines mainstream boom period in 1990s.
How chefs can Master Fusion Cuisine
There are myriad opportunities to participate in the world of fusion cuisine, either in an existing fusion establishment or through experimenting with unique combinations in your own kitchen.
You want to learn more about trendes in the culinary industry?
Read the next article :
* The latest in food Tech
* How Ghost kitchen & Ghost Restaurant lower Startup Risks